World Breastfeeding Week is August 1 through August 7! As my fourth year as a breastfeeding mama comes to a close next month, I feel like I have plenty to celebrate this week:
- Two children who have never had a single ear infection
- Two built-in, state-of-the-art, almost infallible baby soothers
- An excuse for my slightly-larger-than-they-used-to-be bras
- Two children who know breasts are for milk, not marketing
- An excuse to cuddle with a toddler who’d rather be playing in the dirt
- The confidence that my son will grow up to support his wife as she breastfeeds their children
Whether you’re currently breastfeeding, plan to breastfeed in the future, breastfeed half a century before, or have a friend or family member who is breastfeeding, take the opportunity this week to celebrate the biological marvel that is mama’s milk!